Oakville Dental is still open.
Oakville Dental – National Lockdown Announcement 4th January 2021
Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced a further national lockdown due to the rising number of cases of Covid-19.
There are no restrictions with regards to medical treatment and you are actively encouraged to keep your appointments. At Oakville Dental we have all the necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and will continue to follow our high standards in cross infection control.
Please continue to attend your appointments. We have an excellent infection control procedure along with a robust triaging policy to ensure the safety of both patients and staff.
If you are worried about your attendance, please contact us to discuss your concerns and we can always postpone your treatment to a later date.
We continue to recommend that patients in the high-risk category delay non-essential treatment until further guidance has been given by the relevant authorities.
When you arrive:
We advise that you always wear a mask while inside the dental practice and only remove your mask at the request of the dental professional.
We will continue to check your temperature and if this is above 37.8C, you will be advised to rebook your treatment and to follow government guidelines. Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes early for an appointment due to social distancing guidelines.
As you enter the building you will need to use the alcohol disinfectant rub to disinfectant your hands.
The treatment rooms will be prepared prior to your appointment with all surface disinfectant after each patient. We have sourced PPE and unlike the start of the pandemic (March 2020 in the UK) there is no shortage.
Please do not be concerned as we continue to maintain high standards of cross infection control.
Stay safe and please contact us if you have any questions.
Infection control has always been a top priority in our practice following Best Practice guidelines but you will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. Some of these changes include the following:
- We will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. Depending on your individual needs we may need to tailor your appointment time for your safety.
- Where possible please attend alone unless you require a carer.
- Please bring the minimum amount of items such as coats and bags.
- It is currently advisable that you may consider wearing a mask in public places.
- Please note that it will not be possible to use toilet facilities for the foreseeable future.
- We are operating a closed door policy. Please ring to inform reception you have arrived for your appointment and await further instructions.
- We have hand sanitiser that we will ask you to use when you enter and leave the practice.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for booking your appointments.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep patients and staff safe in our practice and look forward to seeing you soon.